Hungary

Hungary
At the Basilica in Eger

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Winter Comes to Debrecen

Snowy Day!
 
One morning in early December, we woke up to snow!  So, Sister Weberg and I took walks to our favorite places.  She went to the Great Forest and I went to my favorite park.  I wanted to find my favorite spots and take their winter picture!  :) I now have Summer, Fall and Winter.  Someone else will have to take the Spring pictures for me.  I will be going home soon!  Because I'm going home soon, I thought that this might be my only chance to get those pictures.  Snow doesn’t always stick around forever, and it didn’t this time either.  By the time it was afternoon, the snow had melted everywhere except for on the trees and roofs. 
 
 
 
The winter view from our apartment!

Frog Lake with it's wintery attire.  The ducks loved the snow!  They were flying all around and making lots of noise! 

View from the bridge.

One of my favorite spots!
I saw the cutest little squirrel. It ran right in front of me and up a tree; then sat on a branch and munched on a nut. It had big fluffy ears. I’ve not seen a squirrel with ears like that before, but it was awfully cute


My cute little squirrel friend.

I loved the wintery view of Debrecen University.

It was so much fun taking pictures, that I totally lost track of time.  My morning walk took 2 hours instead of the usual one! 

Christmas Decorations!
 
Later that evening, Sister Weberg and I took the Villamos to Kossuth Ter to see the
beautiful Christmas lights.  This one was taken right after we got off of the Villamos.

 
All of the Christmas Shops were open and busy!


The decorations were beautiful facing the fountain and the
Great Reformed Church in Kossuth Square.

 
This is a fake tree, but it was very beautiful!


We took pictures of each other from the other end of the square!


Then we got back on the Villamos and went home.  




No comments:

Post a Comment