Hungary

Hungary
At the Basilica in Eger

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Morning Walks

Our Favorite Walking Places

 
 
One beautiful morning, Sister Weberg and I walked down to the Belvaros where most of the sights in Debrecen are located.  There is a the Great Reformed Church and fountain, as well as a statue of Kossuth  who was the most outstanding figure in the 19th century during the fight for independence.  It only took us 20 minutes to get there, so we looked around a bit.  I took some pictures of the beautiful buildings on that square without all the crowds of people around.  I took one picture of the statue of Kossuth who just happened to have a live pigeon on his shoulder that morning.  I loved it because it looked like he was gazing at it lovingly. Down the road a bit, I wanted to get a picture of a villamos in front of this really pretty building, so I waited for the villamos to come.  A big bus pulled  up first and I was thinking ‘keep going-I don’t want you in my picture’.  :)  But, it didn’t keep going.  However, when the villamos finally got there, it pulled up right along side the bus and stopped as if it were posing :) and hid the bus!  So, I got a really great picture.  I totally love it! 
 
Great Reformed Church


Kossuth Statue

I don't know what this is but it was a big beautiful building with a gorgeous sky above! 

My favorite picture of the day! 
 
Another favorite place to walk is the park just up the street from us.  It is gorgeous! 
 
 
 

Frog Lake during a rain storm!


Debrecen University is right next to the beautiful park we like to walk in.

 
Beautiful Fall Colors around the lake.

The ducks are making designs in the lake!  :)

This is a tree stump that had a baby tree growing in it as well as all kinds of mushrooms. 

Same tree stump from the side.

My favorite picture of all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment