Hungary

Hungary
At the Basilica in Eger

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Missionary Work!

Sisters Bake for Neighbors

 
 
One Sunday, Sister M. and Sister T. had a great idea during their planning time.  They wanted to tract my apartment building!  :)  So, since it was their Pday on Monday, I had them come over and we made cookies to take to my neighbors on Tuesday.  We had a great time and made lots of Chocolate Crinkles.  The next day, I practiced what I would say all morning and when the Sisters got to my house, I told them my plan.  :)  At each door, I would say: “Szia!  A nevem Hanson Növér és szomszédod vagyok. (Hi!  My name is Sister Hanson and I am your neighbor.)    "Szeretnénk megosztani ezt a sutit, és egy különleges üzenetet veled.”   (We would like to share this suti and a special message with you.)  Then, I told them they could say the rest!  :)  Well, at the first house, I got the "Szia" and "A nevem Hanson Növér és  szommmm . . .”  and couldn’t remember the rest of that word! (So frustrating!!)  Anyway, luckily, I took a cheat sheet with me which I looked at and said the rest.   My neighbors were all very patient with my effort and the Sisters were wonderful of course!  Sadly, there weren’t many people home in the afternoon, but they were able to leave a Book of Mormon with one husband and wife and were told they could come back.  When we went to my 82 year old neighbor (who lives just outside my kitchen window), we were invited right in. The Sisters gave her the first lesson about the Book of Mormon and translated for me so I could bear my testimony.  They were also told that they could come back to visit her again.  So, we had a great time and became acquainted with a couple of neighbors as well!
 
 
 Rolling out the Crinkles


 
and tasting cookie dough.  :)
 

Fun with Cukkini Bread

One day this week, Elder W. wanted some help making Zucchini bread for an investigator they were teaching.  So, he found a recipe online, bought what he thought was zucchini and came ready to learn how to make it.  However, it turned out that he had bought cucumbers.  (They were long and green, but would never do for zucchini bread)  :)  So we took a quick trip to the market around the corner where I showed him what zucchini looked like.  With zucchini in hand, we returned to the Center to make the bread.  He did a very good job preparing and measuring the ingredients and then mixing them all together.  The bread turned out Tokeletes!  (Perfect)  It was the best Zucchini bread I have ever tasted!
 
 
Grating the Zuchini
 
 
All done!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete