Hungary

Hungary
At the Basilica in Eger

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Carmen






May 10, 2012
On Thursday, May 10, Sister Smith and I went with Elder and Sister Schnebly, Elder and Sister Bagozzi and Elder and Sister Gudgell to see the opera Carmen. It was so different from what I remember an opera being as a child. Mama sang in one and we went with Daddy to watch it. My first impressions of an opera was that you couldn’t understand anything they were saying and it went on forever. :) Towards the end, I can remember Daddy saying, “It sounds like they’re dying - huh?” As a child, it sure sounded like that to me. :) But, I have to say, as an adult, it was really good! Although, I still didn’t understand anything they were saying, it was very fun watching all of the talented dancers, singers, actors and musicians. We had heard that it was supposed to have English subtitles flashing above the stage, but they were in all in Hungarian. So, Sister Schnebly filled me in on the basic plot. It was a good opera and having it held in the ‘Opera House’, a historical monument built in 1875, made it even better. It was an amazingly beautiful building!

The Amazing Entry



Sister Schnebly and Sister Hanson




The Beautiful Ceiling




The Opera Boxes and Balconies





Top Floor of the Opera House
Sister Schnebly and I visited the top floors during a break in the performance.




Part of Our Group
Sister Hanson, Elder and Sister Gudgell & Elder and Sister Bagozzi




The Remainder of Our Group
Elder & Sister Schnebly

No comments:

Post a Comment